Subaru of America (SOA) connects with current and prospective Subaru customers by reaching them through events, activities, and causes that fuel their passions. Sponsorships provide consumers with opportunities to interact with the Subaru brand and Subaru vehicles in a personalized way that isn’t possible through mass media.
For more information about SOA partners, go to www.subaru.com/partners.
Since the program’s inception three years ago, the Subaru Share the Love charity event has donated $15 million to charitable causes. Between November 19 and January 3, Subaru will donate $250 for every new Subaru vehicle sold or leased to one of five charities chosen by customers, up to $5 million.
For 2011, the five charities from which to choose are:
- American Forests: restores and protects rural and urban forests worldwide. It is the oldest national conservation nonprofit in the country and the only one focused exclusively on forests. (www.americanforests.org)
- The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA): works to rescue animals from abuse, pass humane laws, and share resources with shelters across the country. (www.aspca.org)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation®: grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. It has granted more than 200,000 wishes in the United States since 1980. (www.wish.org)
- Meals On Wheels Association of America: provides national leadership to end senior hunger, offering home-delivered meal services to people in need. (www.mowaa.org)
- Special Olympics: provides year-round sports and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. (www.specialolympics.org)
For a three-week period from August 25 through September 15, Facebook community members had the exclusive opportunity to vote for their favorite charity through the Subaru of America Facebook page. As a result, Make-A-Wish Foundation became one of the five on this list.
Find out more at www.subaru.com.